Re: 740i Transmission CODES

I took my 740i to a AAMCO shop for their free analysis. does anyone know the meaning of the codes?
the following codes came up: 49 Gear Monitoring 54 Gear Monitoring #4 59 Stall Monitoring
any insight as to what these codes mean would be appreciated. i would like to take my car to a reputable independent transmission shop. trying to find a good one in Los Angeles is the challenge. any suggestions? so you've heard horror stories about AAMCO - i guess I won't be going their for the work. i would like to get the transmission repaired as opposed to rebuilt.
any other insight/suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

I took my 740i to a AAMCO shop for their free analysis. does anyone know the meaning of the codes?
the following codes came up: 49 Gear Monitoring 54 Gear Monitoring #4 59 Stall Monitoring
any insight as to what these codes mean would be appreciated. i would like to take my car to a reputable independent transmission shop. trying to find a good one in Los Angeles is the challenge. any suggestions? so you've heard horror stories about AAMCO - i guess I won't be going their for the work. i would like to get the transmission repaired as opposed to rebuilt.
any other insight/suggestions you might have would be appreciated.
<JS> Did they reset the computer and turn the Check Light off?
If not, go to Autozone and ask them if you can use the OBD II (On Board Diagnostics, Level 2) scan tool. It's free to use.
Plug it into the data port along the bottom of the dashboard, in the vicinity of where your left foot would be while using the clutch pedal that you don't have -- pretend you have one, and look there. the OBD II codes will look like P0nnn or P1nnn. There is a BMW data port that gives (maybe) more detailed information, butu if the Check light is on, the OBD II system should know why.
Write down all 5 digits, and report back to us.
</JS>
I took my 740i to a AAMCO shop for their free analysis. does anyone know the meaning of the codes?
the following codes came up: 49 Gear Monitoring 54 Gear Monitoring #4 59 Stall Monitoring
<JS> I do not know what these codes mean.
> i would

Not LA, but Carl at La Jolla Independent BMW used to repair transmissions. If he no longer does, or if La Jolla is too far, give him a call and ask for his suggestions. He is one of the most highly regarded BMW mechanics, and is listed in the tech section of Roundel Magazine.