Re: Activating car phone in BMW E39 540 UK - which network?

...he he, I have the same problem - got a 1998 540i 3 weeks back, bought an O2 sim card, phone insists that I "check the card"!
Any ideas anyone? I assume that unless the phone recognises the card, I
cannot register it by dialing 450.....
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
--
bimmerbob
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:06:09 -0600, bimmerbob

The problem is that the system only used Vodaphone I think. Th eBMW system is a fixed setup and the phone were either eriksson or motorola on 900Mhz??? or something like that.
Ther is a bluetooth conversion available for the car - ask your dealer or go to bmwoem.co.uk - or do a google search for bme-bluetooth.
I have seen a US site but I know parrot do something that works.
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor