Re: buffered coolant temp guage

This is exactly how the "idiot light" gauge is apparently designed to behave. I think the oil temp bar gauge on my BMW air/oil cooled motorcycle actually moves up about 1/64" when the ambient air temp rises from 75o to 100o, but it's a bit hard to judge such miniscule fluctuations. Be happy - at least your car still has a dipstick and spare tire.
Tom K.

Hold the ALT + 0176 (numeric keypad) to create the Degree Symbol ( ).