Re: Cleaning Alloy Wheels

Make sure the alloy wheels is cool. Never spray a wheel cleaner on a hot wheel as it can cause a chemical reaction and permanently stain the wheel. Rinse first or depending upon the chemical. Severely dirty wheels with plastic center caps should be removed first to avoid possible damage. Start spraying wheel cleaner from the bottom up to avoid streak runs. Wheel faces should be cleaned with a wash mitt or a soft brush. A parts solvent brush can be used around lug nuts and a soft toothbrush in the nooks and crannies. After all the wheels have been done, move the vehicle forward to expose the upper portion of the wheel that would have not been cleaned properly during the initial wheel cleaning process. After washing, wheels should be polished and waxed.

Reply to
Anonymous