Re: Cold Air Intake E36

As I recall, your '96 gets the M52 motor and the prior years get the M50 > motor.

> > I'm not sure of the differences, but I'd fully expect the M52 to not have > the coldairintake. That is, I'm reading that you are installing theair > injection system that pumps in freshairinto the exhaust stream so that the= > CAT has anairsupply to work with. > > > > > > Prior to replacing my 96-e36manifold with one from a 92-95, I was > > going to install a coldairintakefirst; I'll install the manifold > > when more funds become available. I looked at Conforti, Dinan and > > ECIS, while they are all very good systems my question is why are > > there so many independent, basic intakes for sale on ebay? =A0Are they > > crap? =A0Is there a discernable difference between buying a Conforti for= > > $300.00 as opposed to a no name for $60.00. =A0I know I'll have to > > facbricate, or buy, =A0a heat shield. =A0Any thoughts?- Hide quoted text= - > > - Show quoted text

I am talking about replacing the stock air filter with a cold air intake system. Then, when the funds become available, refitting my 96 OBDII intake manifold with an OBDI intake manifold.

Reply to
jclaw05

Ignore the top-posting idiot Jeffy Strickland. He's a moron and a liar. Ask him how old the Earth is.

Reply to
dizzy