Re: E36 328ic any words of wisdom?

Have the top checked very carefully. Many of them have gone bad by now as the tensioner straps (think that is what they are called) fail. Mine had a top that looked pristine but stopped working. Also the plastic rear windows yellow.
Great car though. Really enjoyed mine. Had a 99 328iC until I sold it for my 03 M3 Cab.
Tom Scales wrote:

Is that something fairly easily/cheaply fixable? My buddy's is pretty good with the do-it-yourself thing - he's not afraid to get his hands dirty...