Re: E36 Rear Fog Light or Lights ?

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 16:14:30 GMT, "RustY©" waffled on about something:

Really? Sorry for leading you astray, but my '94 E36 certainly had them both wired.

Maybe the previous owner modded it.

I'm gonna go check my '96 now, I must confess to not giving it a second thought.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 09:05:55 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk waffled on about something:

Having seen the driving in Spain, I wouldn't work by the side of the road without putting up a concrete barrier, let alone a dayglo jacket!

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

When did rear fog lights become mandated? I drove a 1991 Alfa Romeo 33 QV while I lived in the Netherlands 1990 - 1994 and I'm sure it didn't have rear fog lights. Nor do I remember seeing them on many cars in the Holland during that time. Or perhaps I just wasn't observant.

Reply to
Jed

And the E38 too

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

Not many folk use them as here in the UK we still get mist and ground fog but nothing like the pea-soupers we had in the 60's.

It really has to be bad for folk to use them unless they are over 75 and blind or 20 and a young mum with sprogs in the back then they drive on full beam front and back all the time with notices in the window stating "young Person on board" with mother that has no brain and cannot drive.

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:34:12 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk waffled on about something:

And then they leave them on for at least a fortnight, and look at you like you're some kind of hooligan when you flash them up to try and reduce the sunburn you're getting behind them!

Why on earth can't rear fogs be set so they automatically cancel when the lights are turned off, or the car stopped.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

Factory fitted they are, switched off when the lights are off but if the rear fog switch is not turned to off they will be ON again when stoopid mum gets back in -- idiot fitted??????????????? your guess is as good or maybe better than mine.

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

C'mon, Sir Hugh. You expect us to believe that? I sthis some lame attempt at trolling? I'll bet you've pillage many a village in just the past 3-4 moons...

Reply to
Fred W

ground fog but

Yabbut... they don't really help the driver any. It's the damn:

"75 y/o blind or 20 and a young mum with sprogs in the back then they drive on full beam front and back all the time with notices in the window stating "young Person on board" with mother that has no brain and cannot drive"

that is coming up behind you that those fogs might be helping you avoid.

Reply to
Fred W

Well I have pillaged my mother's house and sold the lot at auction (don't tell her)..............

But the rape bit is quite enjoyable - at times.;>))

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg