Re: Entire traction control system went out this morning...

Whenever you encounter a fault like that, pull over, stop the engine and ignition, then retasrt and all should be ok IF the warning light does NOT
reappear. Many times these things are not broken, just "faults" theat get erased after a fresh start.

I learned that in a Merc clk430 cab in the rain when the wipers just stopped responding... No panic, pull over and restart - all was well. I love those smart Germans ;)

In IT this is called an engineer's reset...
OK in a car (normally), but don't try this in a Boeing 777!
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:05:00 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"

Now just imagine if your car was running under Windows Vista...When you just started to pull over to the exit ramp, a soft feminine voice would ask you if you really wanted to exit the highway, everytime.

No it would have you drive down the exit ramp - the wrong way, but OTOH at only 5mph.
And in the case of the CLK430 above approx 90% of the engine output would be used to run the computer...