Re: Gear Oil for All-Wheel Drive

I would like to change the gear lube in the transfer case and two

>differentials in my 2001 BMW 330XI. > >What brand; type and viscosity should I use? > >What quantity should I order and from whom? > >Thanks much.

The owner's manual will tell you all of these things. I highly recommend following it exactly because the controlled-slip stuff requires pretty precise shear characteristics of the oil. I'll say that I have never gone wrong with either Red Line or Royal Purple stuff, though I suspect the Red Line is recommended.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey