Re: Junkyard Find: 1983 BMW 320i

Okay, wait a minute. Let me summarize this thread
1. Clayton posts a citation to an article about the 320i.
2. Thompson points out that the 320i is unreliable and rusts.
3. Clayton points out that it's more reliable than British vehicles of the same era.
Let me just say here that if the best thing you can say about a thing is that it is more reliable than a Triumph, that thing is a pretty sad thing indeed. This is like saying "catches fire less often than a Trabant" or "handles better than a Lincoln Continental." --scott

Well maybe, but in its time better than [most] Triumphs, buy not IMO worth [literally] salvaging from a scrap yard.
Some early BMW's would be 3.0CSi and arguably a 2002, but not most E21's.