Re: O/T BMW (Re: Carrey To Have 'Fun with Dick and Jane'

"E Varden" wrote

> > Because its stupid. It's Bee Em Doubleyou fer crissakes. Beemer > > for short. > > > > Bimmer is a raggedy-ass lame bit of moronicity that somehow has been > > picked up by lackwits with no ear for euphony. > > Actually, there's been the quarterly rant about "bimmer" vs. "beamer" > on alt.autos.bmw going on. Many (in the US) insist that bimmer is > a car and beamer is a bike. YMMV.

While others in the US insist that a beemer (same pronunciation as beamer) is a car, and few (except a few other even snobbier folks) have ever heard of the bike.

Reply to
Pat Durkin

Pat Durkin wrote: . . .

Who gives a shit?

There's people who've never hearn of Porsche (which is two syllables) - this dumb thread is worthy of death in my keener; alt.gossip.celebrities.

Thanks for playing.

Pe (Bye bye)

Reply to
E Varden