Re: O/T Stupidf posters... BMW

Not really built for the mechanic, ask almost any mechanic and I bet he'd say he'd rather work on older cars than newer ones. More hours, yes, but confusing and fussy work, that costs the consumer a lot, so even when he does a good job the customer is not happy.
Give him logical, well engineered cars to work on and he'll be happier, and so will the guy paying the bill.
They're built to sell, that's all.
-Russ.
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:30:06 -0400, "Somebody."

I'll agree on that, they're built so you pretty much have to take them to the mechanic due to the need for special testers and tools and the like. You are right, the mechanics would rather have the simplicity too....