Re: opinions ? 1999 328

do not get it ...

> >get the 2000 year model or better, all the new technology is in it.

Why does anyone WANT all the new technology? Sheesh, I want a car that drives well, not a freaking computer network on wheels that nobody can do basic maintenance on outside of the dealership.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

*Ding*. Why do you think I still have my E36? The E46/E39 are to me at least, the first of the 'non-user-serviceable' BMWs (by that I mean the mandatory use of expensive diagnostic eqpt and throw-away/non-repairable parts). As such I'll stick with the older tech thanks very much.

JB

Reply to
JB

I don't know about that... the E28 has that funny diagnostic connector, which is designed for a special maintenance panel that nobody has any longer.... BMW has been going in that direction for far too long. It's only recently that it has become quite the crisis, though. And Mercedes is even worse.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

in article snipped-for-privacy@n10g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 11/20/08 5:19 PM:

out the door including tax ...

get new tires, new brakes, and new oxygen sensor.

that way you can go maybe 50,000 miles with oil service and not have much else to do for your money.

if they don't want to go that way for the money ...

get the 2000 model or better up ...

I drive the 528i ... much better, more robust.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

:)

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane