Re: rear wheel biased awd options for a family car, station wagon or a minivan

The car and truck tires are NEVER the same size, not to mention that the load capacities are different. Minivans take car tires and cayenne rides on truck tires: I wonder if anything else rides on tires in the size cayenne does and what use a truck that rides on car tires has. Maybe some trucks with aftermarket rims ride on cayenne sized tires but I would not hold my breath.

Could you specify at least one make and tire modelor a winter truck tire?

The car and truck tires are NEVER the same size, not to mention that the load capacities are different. Minivans take car tires and cayenne rides on truck tires: I wonder if anything else rides on tires in the size cayenne does and what use a truck that rides on car tires has. Maybe some trucks with aftermarket rims ride on cayenne sized tires but I would not hold my breath.

Could you specify at least one make and tire model or a winter truck tire?
<JS> You asked about options that have RWD and can hold a carseat for a child. There are lots of options that are not on the list of those you said you are considering. The late model selections can give upwards of 20mpg, and some do better than that.
I think an SUV that's based on any brand of full-size truck, American or otherwise, is an option worth exploring. You also said that you are not made of money, which would tend to take the Porsche Cayenne off the table.
</JS>