re: Service Engine Soon??

As an update to my original post below for those who maybe researching similar OBDii codes (given the number of emails I have recd to date):
P1250 code cleared itself given that it probably related to having too
little fuel at some point. P0441 was cleared after a BMW service tech located a vapor leak on some (fuel?) line which required new hose clamps. I am not sure if the clamps were for the fuel filter lines or some vacuum line but I noted that the BMW OEM part no. for the clamps is 07129952104.
After the repair I drove my car through a couple of OBD drive cycles and it passed state inspection!
Hope this helps.
Original Post: Service Engine Soon?? All 6 messages in topic - view as tree From: Toto - view profile Date: Wed, Oct 27 2004 3:56 pm Email: (Toto) Groups: Not yet ratedRating: show options
My 2000 BMW 3 series failed state inspection recently. The "service engine soon" light is illuminated and the fault codes are P1250 and P0441. It appears that the fault codes relate to the fuel cap and/or a fuel evaporation circuit. BMW service was not able to fix it or diagnosis the problem after various attempts. I am wondering if anyone here has had similar problems or a recommendation.