Re: Service Engine Soon Light

Purchased a scan reset tool checked for codes, got exhaust camshaft position sensor code, my bentley service manual doesn't tell you how to check sensor, just how to replace it! is there a way to check it, or take
$95.00 chance to replace part? thank you in advance for some advice.

I've never seen anywhere that tells how to test it. When I got that code on my 98 740iL, replacing it did cure the problem.
Kyle. 98 740iL 97 M3
If you bought the tool, then you can see if the code comes back again. The cam sensors does its own check, and set the code if the check fails. This is one of the codes that can set once and stay for a very long time. If there was an actual problem, the code should set again within a few hours.