Re: Service interval.

Correct - and the total interval should be between 13,000 and 18,000 miles, depending on fuel consumed, cold starts, etc.
Tom K.
Tom K. wrote:

There's a guy selling an 840 on ebay(uk) who claims that he changes his oil every few weeks and plugs every couple of months. You might have thought that if he didn't do that he could afford to buy the exhaust boxes that it needs.

Of course, even with the use of synthetic oil, some of us prefer shorter change intervals and do an "interim" oil change at around 7,500 miles before the next scheduled service. If you decide to go this route, specify an interim "Oil Change" (about $75.00 US), not an "Oil Service" (ca.$220.00). Naturally, the indicators should not be reset after an interim change.
Tom K.

My current BMWs indicate actual mileage to the next service, starting at 15,500 when first reset. IIRC, you should have 4 greens (countdown), one yellow (service due) and then one red (service overdue). I think the yellow will stay on for only a few hundred miles.
Tom K.