Re-skinning dashboards

The dash on my 1990 318is is badly cracked. I've had plastic welding done on it, and it didn't help - it just split next to the welds.
Has anyone had their dash re-skinned? Was it successful?
Does anyone know if there is anyone in Australia who does a good job reskinning BMW dashes?
Currently I have a dash mat covering the mess, but the splits are now extending past the edge of the mat.
Thanks

one-piece polyurethane foam moulding with a PVC skin - all made at the same time. NEW is the only answer but can I suggest that you regularly "oil" the vinyl with vinyl care products. the blue film you get on the insides of the car windows is due to the oils evaporating from the interior plastics, seats, dash, door moulding, carpets. the dash and door panels get more heat from the sun than the seats (usually leather or cloth) and therefore have more oil to loose as they are made very soft and when the oil goes they get very stiff and crack - viz early 1970 GM cars.
Sorry mate no cure except replace.
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

That's a shame. I rang BMW today. A replacement dash is AU$1400. That's around a quarter of what a fair condition 1990 318is would sell for. I don't think they'll sell too many :) But the sales guy said I was better off than the Z3 owner who recently asked for about a new dash. It was around $8,000!
I guess I'll stick with the dash cover.
When I first got the car I used to use Armor All, a vinyl cleaner on the dash, but stopped when I heard it did more damage than good. I just left the dash as it was for 8 years or so, getting the cracks plastic welded twice. OK. That sounds like it was a bad decision.
At least everyone outside will see a nice car after I get it resprayed. It's a pity I sit inside and get to see the cracks lurking under the dash mat.
BTW. I agree with your sig block. Newsgroups are a great way to find answers from people who have actually had the problems. Thanks all.

Surely you must be able to ship in a used dash in good condition from somewhere!

Remember the car is probably RHD so he is limited to where it can come from. UK, Japan, Australia?, Singapore, India, Russia -----------
Remember eBay is world wide but you have to ask to look at the other countries now.
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor