Re: Steam cloud.

Okay, now I get it. The steam was OUTSIDE the rear window, not inside. That's different.
If you blew enough steam to actually see it, you had a catastrophic failure. My guess is you blew a head gasket. If you are lucky, you blew a hose that blasted steam under the car and out the back. If the Temp Guage made it to the red mark, then you might have issues related to a cracked head.
A head gasket failure will blow coolant out the tail pipe in a large white cloud, a blown hose will make steam from water-based stuff splashing off of hot exhaust components. There is a difference in what you see in the rear mirror ...