re: timing & dwell

Thank you both for your helpful and educational answers.

H.

Well, back in my little gray cells, > I seem to remember setting the dwell > on my '69 350 Olds. instead of the > timing... acheiving the same result?

If the dwell and timing were originally correct on a points system, resetting the dwell after points wear or replacement should restore the correct ignition timing. However, most electronic systems don't have any wearing parts so the dwell shouldn't change.

--

*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder *

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Reply to
number 9

From my Corvette days and working a 71 454, replacing worn points and setting the dwell to original specs usually resulted in the timing being back to spot on.