Re: Top ten all american sports cars

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 13:58:11 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"

"Let go"? You mean like in a Porsche, or any other rear-engined car?

Hmmm -- I haven't seen a Japanese sports car since the Datsun 1600 roadster. Of course, by my rules, in order to be a sports car, the top must go down (or off).

Well, I'm the one who mentioned the Fiero GT, and I'm 6'3"+, and was quite comfortable in it. But then I'm also comfortable in my Miata.
-- Larry (driving sports cars continuously since 1963...)
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 10:27:14 -0400, pltrgyst

And only if you're daft enough to snap off the throttle instead of feathering it, to boot. Most mid-engined cars also behave the same way. Ask me how I know.
Fact is, it's only the clueless yahoos who make statements like "Until it lets go..." *It* doesn't let go, *you* let it go. It was *your* fault, not the car's.
--
Dan.

pltrgyst wrote:

So what, your Miata isn't a sports car? How about the RX-7? Or did you forget that Mazda is a Japanese car company?
For current models, in addition to the Miata, I think the Honda S2000 has to qualify as does the Nissan Z roadster.
--
-Fred W

Are you sure? I thought it was 51% Ford.

Yes, actually, despite owning the Miata. That's what old age does for you.
Besides, it drives like an updated British (TR/MG) or Italian (Fiat 124S) sportscar.
The RX-7 never met my droptop requirements.
-- Larry
pltrgyst wrote:

I had an '88 RX-7 convertible. It was a sportscar in every way.
--
-Fred W