Re: What's the beef about TRX tyres?

Good lord, I drove around on a set of TRX's for a while and they were sad, sad, sad compared to modern tires. Great if you wanted to do smokeshows in front of the local high school or something, or practice power oversteer in a parking lot, but dog-poor grip in the real world.
I squealed them on breaking, I slid them around corners, I lit them up at anything more than half throttle it seemed like when lanuching.
And toboggans in the snow -- really scary.
That was a 633 -- drove a E28 only 2 years newer shortly afterwards with really mediocre brand all-season radials, they had much better grip.