Rear Accumulators

It appears my rear accumulators are out on my E34 Touring (1992). Is this something a backyard hobbyist can attempt to replace or do I need to take
the car to a BMW mechanic? I heard the driver's side accumulator is a pain to take off and put back on and I am a bit concerned about the pressure system. Any ideas on the best place to order the parts? Any advice would be appreciated...thanks!
- Scott