Rear brakes stuck after leaving parked in rain

I hand-washed the car and left it parked outside overnight (no handbrake), after which it rained quite a bit, so a bit of rust coating built up.
This morning, I get in and find that when I try to drive off (reverse),
the rear pads stuck a bit. Is this normal? In situations like this, what is the best way to the brakes unstuck?

Normal.
Use them. The rust layer on the rotors will wear off.
FloydR
The fact that you don't use the handbrake suggests that you live in an area that salts the roads in the winter. It sounds to me that this same corrosive environment is causing your caliper pistons to stick in there bores so that the brakes fail to release after you take your foot off the pedal. Are you wheels getting very dirty from excessive brake pad dust?? Do your wheels get hot after a little time on the freeway?? It might be time to have a look at your calipers.

Jack wrote:

It's not the calipers sticking - perhaps I wasn't clear in my OP. What I mean was after washing, a day later the rear pads stuck to the disks (super glue-style). I had to use quite bit of gas to free them. Didn't see any other way - and reversing was the only option.
Question is: is there is a better way to handle such a situation? Can't be the only one this has happened to - I can imagine similar occurring if say left at airport for a couple of weeks...?
I've experienced this too, a bit of forwards and backwards "rocking" and a fair bit of gas solved it for me. Put another 100K miles on that car with no brake issues other than normal replacing of brake pads every 30-40K miles. I also took delivery on a nearly new car from a dealer who had it stored in their compound for 2 weeks while I was on vacation. When I picked it up, a few miles down the road and I had loud screaching noises from the brakes which would not clear. After an overnight stay at the break down yard the problem dissappeared. We put it down to rust sticking and baking onto the brake pads making the noise, and the morning dew loosening it again to clear it.
Exactly, After I wash my I6, either I let it warming 10 min in order the humidity is cleared out of the engine, especially in winter or I drive 500/600 m in the slope, using the brakes in order to dry them. Otherwise, the symptoms are misfiring the day after and stuck pads. The disks are rusted on their surface. It doesn't take long ! Hope this will help you.
Using the car under rain is different because the engine as well as the brakes are warm. No condensation on them.

I had this happen to the brake shoes on my old Toyota pickup after it sat all the way through a Seattle winter but I don't recall hearing of pads getting stuck this bad overnight.