Rear Doors wont open

HELP. I have a 1997 728i (E38) my problem is that one of the rear doors will not open from the inside or the outside. it is obviously a cable or something snapped inside the door? but my problem is how to open the door so that I can repair it ??????? I have tried to get the door card off, but of course with the door shut it will not come off, I have also tried to push a bit of wire down the side of an open window in the hope that I could open it, but again to no avail, so HELP, HOW THE HELL CAN I OPEN THE DOOR ????????

John

Reply to
spam

from the outside stand back and say Open Seza Me..........its worth a try.

Reply to
Stand Up Old

Dear John (Heh! Heh!) I have the same problem with my 95 318i (Thank God, it's a rear door and not the driver door !) Hopefully this might work...

haven't tried it yet, but seems like the only option for us lockedout guys. Luck & courage !

Reply to
Hank

This issue recently got resolved in my case, coz apparently my rear door had somehow got double-locked (all by itself) and I was using the Valet key for my daily use. Instead when I used the Master key on the driver's side door (turning it a full 90 degrees, not possible with the Valet key) it released the double-lock. They say, some times a faulty relay in the keyless control module may erratically activate a double-lock, even when not intended. Always make sure U try the Master key before taking it to repair. I'm sure the Master key is designed to manually override all electronic immobilizers (makes sense too, when U imagine a 'War of the worlds' like scenario)

Reply to
Hank

That happens sometimes in sedans, BMW's are known for electrical trouble. The coupes are even worse. Sometimes they don't even ship with door handles. Good luck.

Reply to
Anthony Wilson

I had a similar problem with my old e34.

Here's how I did it.

Russ (www.e36coupe.com)