rear subframe mount ripped out of boot floor

has anyone had a problem with the e46 rear subframe mount(diff carrier) ripping from boot floor my car is a saloon 328 that has quite high miles(132000)on a 1998 reg i noticed a clunk/squeak coming from the
rear when i inspected the car the pasenger rear mount has ripped partly from the floor i did not by the car from a main dealer and have only part main dealer service history. i have been told this i a common fault with e36/e46 cars and bmw should fix it. is this true?

I've never heard of it on a UK car before, but it's certainly a known issue on the US 325i. Common would be the wrong word for it though, more of an issue on cars with track time.
Common problem. Look at this forum: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t 7603
Hope this helps.
--
G. Tarantino - Switzerland
1997 BMW 535 (149,000 miles)

The problem is known on E46 produced before 02-2000 and BMW repair them for free. Wery few cars are affected by the problem and from 02-2000 the problem is solved.