rear subframe mount ripped out of boot floor

has anyone had a problem with the e46 rear subframe mount(diff carrier) ripping from boot floor my car is a saloon 328 that has quite high miles(132000)on a 1998 reg i noticed a clunk/squeak coming from the rear when i inspected the car the pasenger rear mount has ripped partly from the floor i did not by the car from a main dealer and have only part main dealer service history. i have been told this i a common fault with e36/e46 cars and bmw should fix it. is this true?

Reply to
silvy123

I've never heard of it on a UK car before, but it's certainly a known issue on the US 325i. Common would be the wrong word for it though, more of an issue on cars with track time.

Reply to
John Burns

Common problem. Look at this forum:

Hope this helps.

Reply to
GT

"silvy123" skrev i en meddelelse news:LaidneH_qJueQejfRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

The problem is known on E46 produced before 02-2000 and BMW repair them for free. Wery few cars are affected by the problem and from 02-2000 the problem is solved.

Reply to
ena