Remote unlock fails in the morning

My cars remote doesn't seem to work most mornings. I have to unlock with the key which sets the alarm off before turn the ignition on. Is this a symptom of low battery? interference? My cars alarm also goes off occasionally for no reason. Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Reply to
Danster55

Would help if you gave model and age. Older cars have a replaceable battery in the fob. Does the led look ok? Do both remotes have the same problems?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
325 Convertible 2003 Model Remotes are both charged but both can fail in the morning. Everytime I get to the garage 1/2 hour drive away it then seems to have cleared up. I've booked it in for tomorrow but I know they will tell me there's no problem!!
Reply to
Danster55

Could be an interference issue at your home? Do you know anyone with a spectrum analyser you could borrow?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks Dave thats sounds painful and technical.

Do you think it could be things like wireless broadband?

Reply to
Danster55

Any strong RF field might swamp the tiny signal sent from the key fob.

You could try parking up say 50 yards from your home overnight if possible and see what the result is. The rechargeable batteries in the fob should be ok on a car this new.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)