Removal yellow laquer in engine bay

Hi,
Has anyone found an easy way to remove the awful yellow laquer from the engine and engine bay of a an E30? The only thing I have found so far is
steel wool and lots of time!
Thanks Mark

It's called Cosmoline. Zymol make a product specially designed to remove it.
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

Thanks for the info, found their shop online.
Cheers Mark
John Burns wrote:

t to corrode. On my E30, I had to paint the valve cover, because I didn't like the corrosion that was forming.