Removal yellow laquer in engine bay

Hi,

Has anyone found an easy way to remove the awful yellow laquer from the engine and engine bay of a an E30? The only thing I have found so far is steel wool and lots of time!

Thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark

It's called Cosmoline. Zymol make a product specially designed to remove it.

Reply to
John Burns

Thanks for the info, found their shop online.

Cheers Mark

Reply to
Mark

Be forewarned: If you remove it, the bare aluminum underneath will star t to corrode. On my E30, I had to paint the valve cover, because I didn't like the corrosion that was forming.

Reply to
Thomas Wright