removing dealer decal from trunk

didnt see any previous posts about removing the dealer sticker decal that sometimes dealers put on their cars on the trunk or bumper.....any tips on how to remove it?
thanks
On Apr 30, 12:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

from elsewhere on this board:
And for those of you who want to remove the badge... two simple tools make it VERY easy.
1 - 1500watt hair dryer (or if you have one a hot-air paint stripper with multiple settings) 2 - Dental Floss.
In the shade, heat up the badge area with the hair dryer or hot-air gun, this will take about 5 mins....
After five mins, take a lenght of floss, about 1 foot, and work it around the entire emblem, crossing it at the bottom, then pull tighly... it should slip down through the loose glue and the badge should pull off (will be slightly sticky).
Clean up the excess glue with GOOF OFF or other cleaner.. and reseal/ wax the area.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in wrote:

I used fishing line as it is stronger.
I asked the dealer to remove it and they did without any hassle.

Keith wrote:

> I asked the dealer to remove it and they did without any hassle. >
I guess that's why a lot of dealers in the US now just slap on a license plate frame with their name emblazoned on it. They got tired of removing the stickers from the rear trunk (boot) lids.
--
-Fred W

Try WD40. Let it sit on there for a minute or two and it should peel off.