Removing heavy tar spot / brake dirt from wheels?

I have a set of Alpina alloys which were looked after rather badly by my ex-girlfriend. They have quite a lot of tar spots and brake dust deposits that I'm struggling to remove. I normally use Wonder Wheels (dulite acid) but it's not doing the job in this case.

Any ideas?

Reply to
John Burns

"John Burns" wrote

Don't know if you've got it over there, but TurtleWax bug & tar remover has worked good for me. It's got some sort of "petroleum distillates" in it:

the dust off pretty well, and removed tar and pitch ok. Thereare others, but probably not sold in the UK/Scotland. FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

"Floyd Rogers" wrote

I second that recommendation. Just make sure to rewax the rims afterwards.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete