removing plastic headlight covers to clean

is there an easy way to remove the plastic headlight covers ? I wanted to clean the inner side

No - they aren't a cover. The problem generally is deterioration of the exterior that requires replacing the entire unit. Sometimes polishing can make it better; there have been some postings (I believe in rec.autos.driving) by Daniel Stern on how to do this.
FloydR
art wrote:

All BMW lights aren't created equal. Be easier to answer if we know what model and what country we're talking about.