Repair BMW 1993 Sunroof

How to remove the sunroof in my 1993 BMW ?? Need to get in to tighten the assembly and filx a loose bolt that seems to be blocking it from opening.

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:47:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sunysb.edu waffled on about something:

I'm assuming that's an E36 shape?
This page has some good pics and description of removing the sunroof panel.
http://www.emotors.ca/Articles/24.aspx
Hope this helps
D0d6y.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

I like that link. It doesn't look quite like the one I used to fix my sunroof, but it has all of the information needed. The only thing I have to say about the write-up is that he (Karl) makes reference to some torxs screws that are a bit of a PIA to get to. I don't recall having any problems because I could get to those screws with the top tilted up and the inner panel pushed back.
TO THE Original Poster I suspect your problem is really the levers and linkages that operate the roof, not an errant bolt.
Having said that, at the rear of the panel there is a mechanism that operates as a water channel -- or something to that effect -- that can get trapped on the inner panel. If you can get your roof to tilt up, you will be able to see parts that can get on the wrong side of each other. The three 17mm nuts that are exposed in the tilt mode are key to getting your roof back on track, no pun intended.
waffled on

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 15:59:21 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
Me too, I looked at buying an E36 that had some sunroof trouble a while ago, googled for info, saw that link and added it to my bookmarks. I knew it would be useful one day, even though I eventually didn't buy the car.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES