repeated blown fuse

I have a 323is, 1999, and I have twice in the past two months blown the fuse that controls the left tail light and the CD player. (I don't believe I was using the CD player at the time.)

Does anyone have any thoughts about why this keeps happening. Mechanic isn't sure and I'd hate to rack up his hourly rate while he tries to figure it out.

Reply to
kholly

Have you tried using a fuse with a higher rating?

Although you shouldn't have to use anything higher than the recommended, unless you have a large aftermarket stereo system or a wire is grounding out somehow.

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

kholly wrote on 19 Dec 2005 11:51:51 -0800:

I had my right tail, right sidelight going for a couple of weeks before I finally had the central locking/alarm go last week - it was the wiring loom next to the boot hinge, most of the wires had broken (opening and closing the boot over the years causes the wires to crack, and eventually the insulation to split) and it was shorting out. Try looking there first.

Dan

Reply to
Spack