Replace Injectors--86 528e

In the process of repairing a leak, one of the injectors was damaged. Since that one needs replacing, should all the injectors be replaced at the same time? The car has 240K miles and AFAIK the fuel injectors have never been replaced. I'm on a budget as far as this car is concerned, but would like to do the job right. I'm considering just replacing the one injector with a similar part from the wrecking yard, unless convinced it will be worthwhile to put all new parts in. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Fred

Reply to
ff

When my '84 318i reached 250k miles I decided to replace the injectors just because that's a lot of miles. The parts man at my local BMW dealer told me two things that changed my mind. One that they cost $110 each and Two that although he sold a lot of injectors for '96 and beyond because they failed often, he had almost no call for early model injectors which in his words "seem to last forever". I think the junk yard is your best bet.

Reply to
Jack

Thanks for relating your experience. Another case of "they don't make 'em like they used to". I'll visit the local "pick and pull" tomorrow. It's always good news when a used part will get me back on the road.

Fred

Reply to
ff