Replacement driver seat for 1990 E30 318is

Hi. My driver seat is showing its age. My service guy said I would have problems fixing it. Can they be resprung or re-padded? Alternately, is there a driver seat from a later model that will fit on the
same rails? Worst case - is there a seat from an alternative manufacturer that will fit?
TIA
Anyone?

Look around your local salvage yards. There are quite a few in my area with the sport seats. In fact, my 325i (89) has a set pulled from an 87 and rebuilt/recovered. Only thing I haven't done yet is replace the gas cylinders that push the back forwards. Unless yours are literally falling apart (the frames that is, not the covering), a good upholstery shop can make them look new again...
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:05:10 +1000, "James"