Replacing 2008 BMW 328i Selector Lever, how to ?

Hi! I just bought a wooden shifter(selector lever) to replace the one that came with my car - it was metallic and too cold/hot to touch.

Here's what it looks like on BMW's web site:

I am a bit puzzled as I have no clue how to put one in. Where do I start? I do not see any screws etc. Does anybody here know/done it before? I was told I simply need to pull it out but it seems to be lodged pretty tie and I do not want to break anything.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Reply to
GD Newbie

If you have the manual shift, the shifter knob simply pulls straight up. It is held on by a detent that is pretty tight, but there are no set screws or anything like that.

Jeff Strickland

Should turn off counter-clockwise. Check the new one for threads first to be sure. The new one should provide enough clues to figure it out. MZ

Reply to
MZ

On my E36 cars, the shift knob puills straight off DO NOT TURN IT, it is not threaded.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Jeff - he has an E90 and Steptronic.

Reply to