Replacing tailgate/boot door on 1984 Tourer.

The tailgate/boot on my 318i Tourer is becoming badly rusted and looks terrible. Luckily the corrosion is limited to this one panel. The rest of the car is in good condition.
I have found a replacement but am wondering how easy these things are to replace yourself. Has anyone out there had to replace theirs?
If so any advice ont the job would be much appretiated.

Two things to consider. How the wiring harness connects to the door, so that you can unclip it. Secondly that you may need to adjust the stiker plate for the lock to give correct alignment.