Replacing the OBC screen E39

I have a 2002 525iT, no Nav, DSC.
Carrying some long lumber that extended between the front seats and had to make an emergency stop. One of the boards came forward and
slammed into the OBC (radio) screen wiping it out. It's nothing but an orange blur now. Quite dramatic but usless. All the buttons still work (far as I can tell from the audio), but the screen's gone.
BMW wants my firstborn to replace it. I've found a used one for $350. Does anyone have a better idea? More to the point, does anyone have a reference to a how-to on doing the replacement?
Thanks for any advice.
snipped-for-privacy@index.cmx wrote:

It's called the MID _ Multiple Instrument Display
To R&R it..
1. Remove knob 2. Look for hole 3. Put small screwdriver into hole turning it until it catches 4. Turn clock clockwise 5. Pull out on shaft while doing #4
It will pivot out from the left side.
6. Disconnect connectors on back (these are locking connectors with a lever, don't force them. LOOK at them until you understand how to remove them.)
Reassembly is the reverse but easier - reconnect, put right side in and push left side in until it clicks.
You may want to check some autowreckers - this is not a common failure part so they should be rather inexpensive.