Reset parking sensors?

Hi,
I've just bought a 2004 M3 Coupe and I love it!
The only issue I've found is that when I engage reverse gear the rear parking sensors beep when there's nothing behind the car, is there a way to
reset them or will it have to go back to BMW? If it had to go back would it be done under warranty?
Thanks in advance
Daz

approach an object the beeping should increase until a continuous tone sounds to tell you to stop, no?

Not on mine, they only beep when something is behind you, the apidness of the beeping increases to a continuous beep when a few inches away.
I'd say its a dealer job, probably find a faulty sensor. It should be replaced under 3 year warranty unless its been damaged.

No?
Beeping doesn't start until something is in range, then the beeping gets quicker and quicker until a continuous tone.
My problem is I select reverse, the beep goes continuous, then stops, then beeps and I haven't even moved the car!
Cheers
The manual indicates that's a faulty sensor, mine does that intermittently.