Resetting E30 OBC to miles, AM/PM time, degrees F

The battery died on my 1988 325ic. Once that was fixed, the OBC clock reads in 24 hour military time followed by the letters UHR. Distances now in KM, temperature in C. I want to get it back to the American
setting.
Owners manual and Bentley manual are no help.
I've searched this problem here and the solution is supposed to be: Press the reset button (lower right corner) with a toothpick and hold, turn the key on but don't start the engine, and keep holding in reset. About 15 seconds later the display is supposed to change over.
In my case, it just stays the same. The reset button does work since the time can be set to a 24 hour clock.
How do I reset it?
Christopher
Yes it's gone back into German and metric. If it's the same as mine (1990 E30), you don't have to do anything with the ignition key. I think the procedure is to press the Consumption button, then press the reset button until the desired units are shown. It cycles between metric (L/km), UK imperial (M/G), and US imperial (MPG). Once you're in imperial mode for consumption, the temperature and time etc should also have changed appropriately; you can't change them separately unfortunately (being in the UK I'd prefer UK imperial but with metic temperature!).
The above procedure is detailed in my owners manual, not sure why it isn't in yours. Drop me an email if you want to see it and I'll scan those pages in and send them. -- Mark
Mark,
That fixed it. Thanks.
Christopher