Rev Limiter

While unloading my surplus 1990 325i parts I met a fellow that is racing a 1989-90 325i. He asked if I knew how to disable the rev limiter. I have no idea how or if it can be done. I offered to find
out. Anyone know if it can be disabled?
Thanks
Ray
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:02:38 -0700, raybun wrote:

http://www.bimmer.info/eatchips / http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/show_category.asp?txtsearchParamCat=Engine%20Chips#PerformanceChips:1985-1995Cars
He can install an ECU chip. It is the box closest to the firewall/windshield and you just pull hard on the clips to take out the ECU. The above chips are best. The first is better, if available. The second is Jim Conforti programmed and is available and comparable to the EATS chip. Both require 91 octane or better fuel. Both remove the rev limiter to an extent. Both remove the speed limiter. Both change the ignition timings to give you a smoother idle and faster acceleration. And that's about it.
I put the turner/conforti chip in mine, and is night and day performance wise- Oh, also you get slightly better gas mileage, but of course the gas costs more so there is that. Good luck.
ER
Enoch Root wrote:

Maybe not. If he's racing in a stock class, it's probably illegal. -- C.R. Krieger SCCA Scrutineer