RFI: 1991 E30 318IS engine swap

I am looking for advice on swapping out a tired M42 4 cylinder for a fresh M44 4 cylinder. I know there are many instances of upgrading to an M50 engine, but I like the balance of the car with the lighter engine.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dmcole

I'm sure I have some info on this, will try to find it....

I know the M44 has a few different brackets for things, and of course it uses a serpentine belt.

One problem is the the M44's DME uses EWS anti-theft. I think you can defeat that be leaving the M44's ingition lock sensor and old ignition key in close proximity, but it may not be that simple.

Reply to
John Burns