rolling windows up with key?

i know there is a way for me to roll down my windows using the remote on my e46 2004 330i.

but, can i roll them back up with the remote?

may be a stupid question, sorry.

Rodney

Reply to
rhalljr

"rhalljr" wrote

Are you in the US? In US-bound cars this feature is disabled. Apparently there is a way to recode to car's computer to allow for this but most dealers will rather tell you that "it cannot be done".

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Reply to
rhalljr

I am in the US and I have an E46 (2002 Model year). The windows close back when I hit the lock button and hold it for a few seconds on my remote. I only tried that option a few times when I just got the car and was in "play mode". My wife just got an E91 (328xiT) and although it will open all the windows and the moonroof when holding and pressing the open button, it refuses to close them back when pushing and holding the lock button on her remote. All I can do there is manually close all the windows again. So they may have changed something after 2002. Your dealer should be able to tell.

Reply to
wernergr

what the hell are you apologizing for?

Reply to
Fred W

Apologising for not stating his location in the first place? Saves asking...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

your 328XiT must be SWEET! I have an '03 330Xi, but am falling in love with the new 3 series, especially the "T".

Strange that I like them as I am on my 4th bimmer and really don't like most of anything "Bangle-ized".

lol

Reply to
Choam Nomsky

I'm on my 3rd BMW and they all are the same. You *can* close them if you put the key in the door, turn it, and hold it. It can't be done remotely unless there is some programming magic the dealer can perform.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Moonroof ? Here in the UK these are always refered to as 'the sunroof'. Is moonroof a common term in the USA ?

Reply to
RustY©

Up press and hold "lock"

Down press and hold "unlock"

may not work in your jurisdiction.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

On the BMWUSA web site, they call it a moonroof. Most call it a sun roof.

Reply to
joe_tide

Interesting difference. Could be in the hotter areas of the US the roof is only opened in the cool of the night - during the day it would just make the AC less efficient and there's too much sun anyway. In the UK any sign of the sun is to be made the best of. And at night it's the heater that matters.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
rhalljr

Oh it *is* SWEET :-) But she hardly lets me drive it lol And it comes with the angel eyes standard when you get the adaptive xenons. I don't get why they call it a 328xiT, since it's a 3 liter engine. She didn't want the sports package since she doesn't like the low bucket seats I have in mine. Other then that she's fully loaded. And you should check the moon roof. It's *huge* compared to what's on my

325xi. Almost double the size. Very nice job they did with the E90 and E91 models.
Reply to
wernergr

Here they call it a moonroof, alhough I heard some call it a sunroof occasionally. I assumed it was because they are tinted. The moonroof on my 328xiT is huge, by the way. It comes in 2 panels, one smaller one over the back seats. It's almost twice the size as on my e46

325xi. Very sweet ride, by the way. She didn't like the X3, and the X5 was bigger then her Jeep, so she picked the 325xiT. The only thing she didn't like about it was the lack of a cargo strap-in net in the back, which she had in the Jeep. Her groceries were flying all over the place when she came back from the store. She ended up buying one of these boxes to fit her stuff in the back. Other then that she *loves* that car.
Reply to
wernergr

"RustY©" wrote

"Moonroof" usually refers to a sunroof with a transparent panel. "Sunroof" usually refers to an opaque panel. Wikepedia's article on "sunroof" expands upon this.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

On Oct 1, 9:15 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@my.home"

In the UK, on my E36 I could just shut the doors, lcok it and the windows would close automatically as I casually walked away looking like a smug git.

On my E46 I have to stand like a lemon next to the car holding the button down and hope that they go all the way up.

On my E38 sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't by holding the key in the locked position.

I really liked the automatic closing.

Reply to
adder1969

In the US, a sunroof is a solid metal panel, while a moonroof is a tinted glass panel that can let in light without being opened. Because the former is no longer common, the words are now used interchangeably. epbrown

Reply to
E Brown

Ditto for my 2003 - holding the "lock" button the remote will raise all the windows and close the moonroof; I think this stayed the same for the entire run of the E46 models, so give it a try. epbrown

Reply to
E Brown

I've got a 2001 330Ci e46. I can OPEN the windows with the remote by pushing and holding the unlock button. To close them you have to physically use the key in the door, turn to LOCK and HOLD until the windows close. It doesn't work with just the remote.

Reply to
thepixelfreak