Roof Lining

The interior roof lining in my 1995 325is is hanging down and pretty much hanging off the ceiling all he way and only held up by the edges on the left and right side above the windows. Is there anyway to
repair this or do I have to have it replaced? What type of person does interiors? any help is much appreciated.
RM

What is happening is that the urethane foam padding has broken down and turned to goo, and so your headliner is no longer attached with the foam.
Replacing the headliner is not a difficult job; a lot of fabric stores carry the headliner material... you take the ceiling out of the car, scrape it down, apply 3M #33 adhesive and glue the new material in, then put it all back.
If you don't want to do it yourself, any auto upholstery place should be able to do it. It's an easy job and should not cost too much. --scott

On May 7, 10:24 am, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Thanks so much for the info...