Run Flat Tires

Currently have a 545 6 speed with Run Flat Tires. Is it possible to replace these with non-Run Flats or does the rim have a unique design that will only
accept RFT?
Car has 26k and need to purchase my second set of replacement tires, any recommendations? OE was Dunlop DSST Sport 01 RSC.
On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:23:25 -0400, Richard N. Paddock wrote:

how miles do you currently have on your RFT's?
just curious. I have an 06 330i with RFT Potenza's.

My 2003 Z4 has a bit over 29,000 on the OE Bridgestone 050A tires with about 3.5~4/32" tread depth remaining, so they will soon be replaced. They were rotated once (front to back) at 16,000 miles.
Tom K.

No problem mounting conventional tires as long as the installer has the proper equipment. Many Z4 owners have commented favorably on the (non-run flat) Goodyear F1 GS-D3 as a replacement for the OEM Bridgestone 050 run-flats. (You might want to carry a plug kit & compressor if your car doesn't have a spare.)
Tom K.
On Sat, 20 May 2006 11:36:03 -0400, "Tom K."

F1 GS-D3s. The way it works is that you can fit conventional tires to RFT wheels, but you can't fit RFTs to wheels not made for RFTs. According to the tire shop that did my car, that applies to all cars, not just the Z4.     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black

Second set of replacements? You're only getting 13k miles per set of tires?
RCE