Run Flat Tires

Currently have a 545 6 speed with Run Flat Tires. Is it possible to replace these with non-Run Flats or does the rim have a unique design that will only
accept RFT?
Car has 26k and need to purchase my second set of replacement tires, any recommendations? OE was Dunlop DSST Sport 01 RSC.

question I have is whether you have room for a *true* spare tire? Hopefully, your E60 isn't like the new E90 3 Series where there is no room for a spare!
Runflats, the "TRX" of the 21st Century!

The current U.S. E60 comes with a "space saver" spare.
http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/5/550iSedan/features.htm
Tom K.

    I added the BMW Mobility Kit, basically a fix-a-flat system. A space saver would take up too much room in the Z4.     I'm surprised that'd be a problem in the E90 - wasn't the whole idea of dropping the tire to increase trunk space? Adding it back in would just reduce the extra...     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black