Run flats with sport package, mandatory?

I'm thinking of buying an 04 330 or 325 coupe both with sport package.
Do you have to use run flats with the sport package? Due to the low profile? I've heard mostly bad things about them.

kpb wrote:

No. 2004 was still the E46. No run-flats.
JRE (2004 330i PP, 2002 325i SP)