Santa borught an E46 Alarm System

My daughter got a factory alarm for her E46 that literally jumped into the car. Installation was so simple, my daughter did it herself. The directions
worked perfectly -- with the exception of the word "terminate" where "connect" would have been more appropriate.
In any case, the alarm "requires" a trip to the stealership to be activated. Is there a method that I can use to actrivate this device without a stealer visit that is quoted at about $150? The directions esitmate installation time at 1 hour INCLUDING programming. My daughter installed -- including a mis-step -- in about an hour, which means programming should take about 5 minutes.
Jeff Strickland wrote:

Only the dealer will be able to activate it, and you're right that it will take NO time. Usually the dealership will charge an hour labor minimum, which explains the price. If the car is already in for another service, they'll tack on the actual time, which will be cheaper (at least, that's what they do at my dealership). Also, if your daughter wants to program any other options or add other accessories (the OBC is a simple project as well), this would be the opportunity to set them up.