Sat Nav gets lost!

My 5 year old 735 has Sat Nav. Last week it announced that I was about 20 miles away from where I was. It kept this up several days on the run always missinterpreting my location. As I drove, it would move too, running me through lakes and countryside! After four days it woke up and got it right again.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Dean

Try asking over here...

. It's the Navigation board on Bimmerboard.com. Those guys can do and tell you just about everything about your system. Kyle.

98 740iL 97 M3
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

Your car used to belong to to a leading members of the Iraqi regime, so your GPS has been slugged.

Elsewise - loose aerial, **** loaded map, poor alignment.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Get a paper map... (he said unhelpfully)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

What do you expect? This kind of gee whiz solution looking for a problem is hardly more than a novelty, IMO. Suggestion: get a good up-to-date road atlas (downer ain't it?), and figure out your route before you get lost. Ya know, I hear that there are people who can't do arithmetic on paper anymore from years of relying on calculators...

-- Cliff

Reply to
clifffreeling

Some unhelpful comments in response to your post..... As can be common in this NG, unfortunately.

I had the same problem on my E66, which developed a problem with the GPS location aerial. It would intermittently get my current location incorrect. However, I took it in to the dealership, and they replaced the GPS location aerial under warranty, FOC.

I believe your car may have developed this kind of fault, either with the GPS aerial, or with the connection to the GPS unit itself.

May be worth getting it checked out

Cheers

Paul '2002 745Li '2000 740i Sport '1998 740i Sport

Reply to
Paul Aspinall