Sat/Nav voice.

I am having big problem setting up my OBC and the most annoying thing is having someone keep interrupting the music and telling me to turn. Can the voice be turned off?
pete
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

doesn't work with my mk1 system so might not work with yours.
On 3 Mar 2006 02:35:54 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Thankfully I have cured it by turning the Sat/Nav off. I don't need it anymore than I need the TV in the dashboard. However I am now stuck as I have all my radio programs pre-set and the cassette player works but I cannot get the CD player to work and yet I am sure it was working when I picked the car up. Can the very cold weather cause this to malfunction? pete
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

select the "directions" option and you will see a speaker symbol press and hold the selector button for a few seconds and a red bar will appear across the speaker symbol. The voice is then muted.
You have to do it each time you reboot the nav computer (i.e. each time you start up)
You can also go into "preferences" and adjust the voice volume to make it less annoying when it is on.
On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:19:18 GMT, LoneStarM3

Thanks but I just turned the thing off completely. I have no use for it anyhow nor the TV come to that;-) pete